Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Diet Thing - Part 2

So, as you've read - I'm DIETING. And since I am experimenting with healthy foods/recipes via Pinterest, I thought I would share my thoughts and opinions on the foods I'm making. The original thought process on this, was to WARN ya'll on some of the not-so-yummy ones but so far I've liked everything except for one and that was just a taste preference. So that's good. I also have to say that I am undecided oh which 'diet' I'm following per se, but I can say that right now I am pretty much doing the Paleo thing.

The very first 'Pinterest' recipe that I made was this one: Avocado Bacon and Eggs from The View From In Here (Pin it for later: http://bit.ly/1sZAtnB). This was the one that I didn't care for. In theory it was a great idea BUT I've decided that I hate (like really hate) baked avocados. If you like baked avocados then you should really enjoy this recipe. It looked just like the pictures and her updates made it easy to make. I decided that I liked the idea of avocado, bacon, and eggs - so next time I decided to scramble an egg and serve it over an slicedavocado half, topped with crumbled bacon - THAT version was YUM.
Photo Courtesy: The View From In Here

Photo Courtesy: The View From In Here
The next recipe that I tried was this one: Chorizo Stuffed Zucchini {Paleo} from The View From In Here (Pin It for later: http://bit.ly/1AwO2z8). I REALLY liked this one. Not only was it delicious but it was super simple too. My husband and I had it for lunch on Saturday. This one will stay on the rotation.







Photo Courtesy: Bravo Paleo
Tonight I made Paleo Chicken Salad Wraps from Bravo for Paleo. I made Paleo & Gluten-Free Tortillas from Paleo Newbie and they were way easy and totally DELICIOUS. I'm in love with them. I am super excited to have found this recipe cause there was NO WAY in heck that I was going to pay $10+ to buy a 7 count of Paleo Wraps, nuh-uh no way!!! But if you are into that kind of thing, you can find them on Amazon. I also have to admit that I fully planned on making the Paleo mayonnaise using nom nom paleo's recipe. BUT I suck at planning sometimes and just was too impatient to do it tonight, I will for sure next time and let you know what I thought. This was a fabulous dinner (husband liked it too) and I will definitely be making it again.

So, the moral to my story is, so far so good and totally worth it.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment